Whether visiting or taking a staycation with family, fun is close by in Noble County where there is something for everyone! We would love to help you plan your trip. Whether visiting on business with colleagues, alone to rejuvenate with nature, to play with your pooch, or make memories with friends or family, our recommendations based on "Who's visiting" will reveal our recommendations for every demographic!
1. Start your day off in Historic Downtown Kendallville at The Breakfast House. This local diner will serve up the best breakfast food you’ve had to date!
(Tip: have the kids split a meal, there will be plenty of food!)
2. Begin working off breakfast with a walk through one of Indiana's finest, continuous historic downtown facades. Kendallville was named a PreservINg Main Street Pilot Community in 2021, so don't be surprised if you see historic renovations and preservation projects while you walk.
3. Next, venture over to the Mid-America Windmill Museum to enjoy learning about the unique history of wind power and the local businesses that produced and used windmills in their operations.
4. Top off the morning with a drive or stroll around Bixler Lake Park and enjoy the scenic views and wildlife around the lake. Park at the Kendallville Outdoor Recreation Complex and walk the trails over to Bixler Lake and back.
5. For lunch, head west to Ligonier to explore one of the county's most family-friendly and unique destinations, Fashion Farm. Enjoy exploring the greenhouse and nursery, gift shop, and have a delicious lunch at the restaurant! While you're in town, take a quick stroll through town to see how many of the City of Murals artworks you can find.
6. After lunch, take a tour of Annie Oakley Natural Perfumery, an essential-oil based perfume factory! Try your hand at the mixing bar and take home your own scent. You'll find plenty of goodies to take home for everyone in the family.
Spend the rest of your afternoon at Black Pine Animal Sanctuary. Learn about the great work Black Pine does to rehabilitate displaced, captive-raised exotic animals and the "forever home" they provide for the REST of their lives! A guided tour is recommended for the most impactful and memorable experience.
When hunger strikes again, stop at El Mariachi Mexican Grill in historic downtown Albion. Enjoy a wide menu of freshly prepared Mexican cuisine and bar menu, and a great view of the one of Indiana's Top 10 most beautiful courthouses and Albion's Main Street, ranked #8 in Indiana..
Spend the night and venture out for more fun on day two! Our recommendation for your second day in Noble County is to get rejuvenated with nature at your own pace at Chain O’ Lakes State Park! Hike, bike, walk, canoe, or kayak - no matter how you explore - you're sure to be refueled and refreshed!